Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has received two
months out of the seven months salary owed him by the
Nigeria Football Federation.
Keshi had cried out about the outstanding payments
and yesterday NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire
confirmed that the coach has been part paid. The NFF is
owing Keshi who won the 2013 African Cup of Nations
and on the verge of leading Nigeria to the 2014 World
Cup about N35m being seven months salary.
Maigari and Keshi
“We have made a quick effort to sort part of his arrears.
We are working extremely hard to pay the coach the rest
as soon as possible.”
Olajire added that the NFF had put in measures to “help
minimise the risk of delays in the future”.
“The financial situation of the NFF caused the delay. It
is not an excuse; it is a consequence of the financial
reality,” he said.
Keshi did not confirm or deny receiving the pay
yesterday. But in the heat of the crisis he had said:
“I don’t like discussing money issues and if there is any
NFF member who said we can work for free, then I will
want to speak with him face to face.
“If they say we can work for free and that they are not
going to pay, so be it.
“I can’t have my family abroad and I will be in debt
because I have not been paid for seven months and
somebody is saying we should not complain.”
Friday, 1 November 2013
NFF pays Keshi two out of seven months salary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment