
Mary J. Blige at the premiere of
‘Betty & Coretta’ at Tribeca Cinemas
in New York. Photo: Bangshowbiz
Mary J. Blige has revealed that the
death of her close friend Whitney
Houston shocked her so much she
gave up drinking alcohol as she
realised the ‘importance’ of her own
life.
The ‘Be Without You’ songstress
says her close pal’s death in
February 2012 had such a profound
effect on her she began
contemplating her own mortality
and gave up drinking in a bid to
boost her health. She said:
‘I was at
her funeral [and] being that close to
someone you loved so dearly, in a
coffin, it freaked me out.
It made me
realise the importance of my own
life. ’I didn’t stop overnight, it was a
process. I feel great right now.
I
have more clarity, more focus, more
patience.
And I lost weight. When
you stop drinking it flies off!’
The 42-year-old star will even
abstain from toasting her 10-year
anniversary with husband Kendu
Isaacs with a glass of champagne
next year.
She told The Guardian
newspaper: ‘I’ll have a glass of
ginger ale. Ginger ale and Diet Coke
are my drinks.’
The ‘No More Drama’ hitmaker, who
was hit with a $3.4 million tax lien
earlier this year, says there are
always obstacles in life, but she has
learned to deal with whatever may
come her way.
She explained:
‘There’s always drama, but you
have to learn to navigate your way
through it.
Life is full of trials and
tribulations, but I know now how to
get out of it.
You have to make a
decision to say ‘no more’.’
No comments:
Post a Comment