
Prophet Temitope Balogun Joshua of
the Synagogue Church of all Nations, in
a new interview with Punch, spoke
about his church and how he handles
his 'haters'.
Excerpts:
Why is it that your ministry seems to be
more popular outside Nigeria than in
Nigeria?
As it is written in the Bible, a prophet
has no honour in his country.
I am not
an evangelist or a pastor, I am a
prophet.
If my people had understood
the work from the beginning, it could
have affected the glory of God in my life
today.
Praises and adoration can make you a
local champion.
I may not be accepted by some people
in Nigeria but my acceptance in the
world has been announcing me to my
world.
When you look at the people
working with me, you see that the ratio
of Nigerians working with me are not
more than 10 per cent.
Sometimes when I see some ministries
printing handbills, using signboards to
advertise their church, I say those
things are not necessary.
God is the one
inviting people, if you allow him to do it,
the solution to their problems will be
waiting for them.
At synagogue, our critics are our
advertisement. They are people that
don’t want to hear about us.
They tell
other people that ‘that church is
devilish;’ unknowingly, some of the
people they tell get inquisitive and they
will want to come here and see what a
devil looks like since they haven’t seen
one before.
God has been using this as
advertisement for us. Ninety per cent of
people who come here do so in the bid
to come and verify what they had heard
about this church.
When some of them get here, they will
sit at the back, fearing that they could
be hurt. Some put on dark glasses or
disguise in a way that will not allow
people that know them to recognise
them.
But before the service is over, some of
them will pick up their bags and move
to the front seats. They eventually
become my prayer warriors.
Let me tell you something that amazes
me and that I always thank God for –
those who are with me are more than
those that are against me.
They keep
supporting me all over the world. I have
more, more, more people around the
world. Whenever I say this, tears flow
from my eyes (sobs for a while).
These are tears of joy. I get so sad
when I hear people’s confession when
their eyes become open to what God is
doing here.
Some say, ‘I wish I had
known this, my mum would not have
died. She asked me to bring her here
but because of what I was hearing
about this place, I refused until she
died. I hope that she will forgive me.”’
But many people see you as mystical,
they think you are not a believer in
Jesus Christ; that you belong to some
other sect. What is the source of your
power?
Your question is funny. We don’t get
power, it is faith we have.
The power in
our life is released by faith through our
mouth. The issue of getting power is
wrong. We don’t talk about getting
power here. If you don’t have faith,
power will remain dormant.
In Mark, Jesus said this kind won’t be
possible but by prayer and fasting. The
disciples had power but lacked faith to
release it.
No comments:
Post a Comment