
Z1IMBABWE’s ugliest man, William Masvinu, has
retained the Mr Ugly title in a stiff competition from
11 other finalists in Harare.
Masvinu, 39 was delighted for being voted
Zimbabwe’s ugliest man and his delighted wife
Alice Chabhanga joined him in the celebrations.
He expressed delight at his latest triumph and
vowed to continue his dominance when he
competes in the national finals that are set for later
this year.
“I think this is a gift from God. I am happy with the
results and I hope if given the money I will be able
to change my life for the better. Winning the
competition has lessened my burden especially
considering that one of my children’s fees will be
paid for the whole year,” said Masvinu.
His wife Alice joyfully said: “We are happy that the
man of the house won the competition and we hope
that the organisers will keep their word and give us
what is due to us. I will continue supporting him
because he is my husband,” she said.
Masvinu, who does not own a cellphone and earns
a living as a tout at Mbare Musika, was a clear
crowd favourite with Benny Chakanyuka being
crowned the first prince and Funny Musekiwa the
second prince.
Mr David Machona, the pageant’s national co-
ordinator, disclosed that the winners’ packages
will be announced this week.
“We are still in the process of finalising the
package and we will be handing over the prizes
this week.

However, all our contestants went away
with something on the night with Masvinu going
home with groceries as well as an undertaking by
one of our sponsors to pay school fees for one of
his children.
“As organisers of the pageant we are happy with
how the Harare provincial finals panned out and we
are hoping for more success as we move to other
provinces before finally hosting the national
finals,” he said.

Pictured with the 1st runner up^^
I personally thought that the 1st runner up should
have won the prize. CHOI!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment