Late Elizabeth
This story will break your heart. Indeed
things are happening in the world we
live in.
May God protect our children.
Read how a 45-year old man narrated
how his daughter died after she was
sexually molested and struggled by an
undergraduate who was meant to teach
her in class.
Narrating his ordeal to Crime Guard,
Ovie alleged that his second daughter
was defiled and strangled by her teacher
who is also the son of the school
proprietor, Mr Kola Alade.
According to
him, “One afternoon, my daughter
returned from school and I overheard
her telling her mother that her new uncle
put his hand in her private part and
touched her bum bum. Before I could
come out of my room, her mother
brought her to me and she repeated it.
“I took her to the school the following
day to report to the proprietor, Mr Kola
Alade who summoned the teacher and
Elizabeth repeated what she said at
home. The teacher, Alade then said in
Yoruba’ mo kan ba sere ni’ meaning 7(I
was just playing with her).
I then
warned him seriously that such should
not repeat itself again.
“The proprietor promised that such will
never happen again. My daughter
returned that day to report to me that
because I came to warn her uncle, he
pressed her neck saying that ‘your
parents are not here, I will deal with
you.’
She made me know that the
teacher is the proprietor’s son. She
complained of neck pains and I went to
a nearby chemist and bought the
prescribed drugs and administered it on
her,
only for her neck to swell overnight and
I rushed her to the hospital that night.
“On my way, I met the school proprietor
driving out. I explained my plight to him
but he said my wife and I should wait
for him. We waited but he never
returned before I got help from another
neighbour who took us to the Military
Hospital at the barracks where Elizabeth
was placed on drips and antibiotics to
just reduce the swollen neck but to no
avail.
“All along, I was concerned with my
daughter’s recovery but with all the
treatment, she was not responding to
treatment and each time she asked for
food, she could not swallow when the
food was brought to her. It was after we
spent few days at the hospital that the
soldiers asked about the proprietor and I
took them to the school and the
proprietor claimed that he was not
aware of what happened.
He also disclosed that the teacher who
assaulted my daughter is his son and an
undergraduate stating that he asked him
to help retain the class because some of
his teachers had left and he never knew
it will lead to this.
After this, he also
insisted that he will only produce his
son if I will not be around because he
was afraid of how I will react.
And the girl died.
“We were later referred to Mother and
Child Hospital, Akure, where I was asked
to buy blood but because I do not have
money, I volunteered to donate my
blood and two pints was taken from me
to just save my daughter’s life. It was
then that I received a call from the
police that the proprietor was
negotiating the release of his son at the
Police station.
When I rushed to the
station to know whether it was true, I
received another call to rush back to the
hospital.
“When I got to Mother and Child hospital
I saw my daughter and she stretched
her hands to me and called me, ‘Daddy!
Daddy!’ As soon as I moved to her and
carried her, she breathed her last.I
thought it was a joke. I raised her hand,
it dropped and I realized she was gone.
(After this, Ovie betrayed emotions and
cried like a baby.) The doctor’s report
revealed that something struck her
vaginal and strangled her on the neck.
She is in the mortuary now and what I
want is justice. I want fellow Nigerians
to help me, I have three kids and have
lost one. She is my carbon copy, I gave
her my blood to keep her but she has
left me.”
School reacts
Reacting to the allegations on behalf of
the school management, the Proprietor,
Mr Kola Alade denied all the allegations
by the father of the deceased.
He
explained that Elizabeth was not
assaulted as claimed by her father.
“Ovie never came to my school as
claimed, it was the mother of the
deceased that came to the school with
her children to complain and I
summoned my Head mistress and the
teacher, Adebayo who in turn denied
that anything of such happened.
“When the girl was in the hospital, I told
my Headmistress to go and visit her and
we even advised the father to take the
child to Mother and Child hospital but he
preferred that his child be taken to the
Military Hospital.
Her father was
complacent on the treatment of his child
which resulted to the death of the girl, he
was reluctant all along as he did not
respond when he was called to donate
blood for his daughter which was late
before he eventually did.
“Her father simply wants to tarnish the
image of my school as all he claimed
are untrue. We have urged him to go
and let an autopsy be carried out on the
girl but he has been avoiding that
because when we know the cause of
death, we will be able to know what
really happened to the girl.
” In her
reaction, the Headmistress, Tinuola
Ajimajasan said Elizabeth was not
beaten or assaulted as claimed, and the
school was not aware that she was sick
as the little girl in question is in
Kindergarten class.
In his reaction, Ondo State Police Public
Relations Officer, (PPRO) ASP, Wole
Ogodo said the suspect, Mr Adebayo
Alade has been apprehended and is
presently in detention at the State
Criminal Investigations Department,
SCID, Akure.
Ogodo said the post
mortem will reveal the cause of death.
“We will need an expert to do the
autopsy on the deceased as the police
cannot rely on any hospital to come to
conclusion.
He therefore pleaded for
patience on the part of all concerned
No comments:
Post a Comment