Pages

Home

  • Home
  • Celebrity News

Friday, 1 November 2013

Davido Speaks On How He Plans To Quit Music At 30 + How His Billionaire Dad Still Scolds him

He granted an interview with punch where he said
this and more. Wizkid is not a threat to him, Skelewu
is already big and some people are just starting out
at 30 but he is already a success and threat at 20.
“Wizkid is not a rival. I see nobody as competition or
threat. God is behind me, so I just go into the studio,
do my music and everything is fine. I develop and
write most of my songs in the studio. I’m not afraid
of competition or the fact that some person will just
appear on the scene and take the shine. After all, I
did it to some people, so I expect that it is something
that must happen to everyone because you can’t be
shining forever. But once you are good to others,
make good music, have loyal fans, that’s all that
matters. Continue below.
I have plans to go into oil and gas business with my
elder brother next year. I want to do music for 10
years. By that time, I will be 30, and free to rest.
Some people are just starting out at 30 but I am
already a success and threat at 20. Fame at a young
age is a plus because I still have like 10 years to ball
while some people are just starting at 27 and 30.”
On Skelewu
“The song is big already; so whatever we do people
are still going to talk anyway. I shot the video like a
movie and there are three videos, so people can
watch whichever one they want.If you don’t like the
instructional video, you can watch Sesan’s, if you
don’t like that one; you can watch Moe Musa’s. If
people want, I will shoot one more video, it’s not
easy.”
On his dad
"Yes my father is rich, but the truth is some people
only knew who he was after I released my song, ‘Omo
Baba Olowo’. I want people to know that the song
was not a hit because of my father but because it
was dope. I didn’t sing ‘OBO’ because of my father’s
wealth – contrary to what people think. My father
and family always keep me grounded. They call me
from time to time to ask about my welfare. My father
actually visits all these blogs to read and see all my
nonsense. Just like the typical Yoruba father, he
scolds me and whenever he does that, I will say,
‘Daddy cool down, what’s going on, relax.’ Although
he is also very proud of me, he is scared and happy
for me at the same time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment