Another interesting piece by Charly Boy.
Enjoy...
The other day I was at the departure
hall at Nnamdi Azikewe airport waiting
for my flight. I was tucked away at a
corner, from people's preying eyes, at
least so I thought. My flight was
delayed so I had about 2hrs to kill. As I
reached into my backpack to get my
iPad and keep myself busy till boarding
time, a man with two teen girls
approached me; they were all beaming
with the most enchanting smiles I have
ever seen. "Charly these are my
daughters, they’ve been worrying me
that they want to take pictures with
you” I obliged, as their father took
position to capture a golden moment
for his two teen daughters.
Before anyone could say Charly, the boy
in me jumped out. There I was clowning
around, making funny faces, as the girls
caught the monkeying around bug. And
to everyone's entertainment and
amusement, we turned the whole
departure hall into a photo studio and a
runway, hummm! Oh boy come and see.
All of a sudden most of the waiting
passengers, teens, youths, mums and
dads started to lineup for their own
Kodak moments. Na who find trouble
now?
It is always at times like this that I feel
special and loved, and all I want to do is give
back that love to all the people showing me
warmth. Not too far from where I was
displaying and forming model tins, from the
corner of my eye, I caught a young man
probably in his late 30s giving me some very
dirty look. I don't think it was his frustration
that got his face twisted with those hating
eyes that kept piercing my smooth baby skin.
Kai!!! If looks could kill, I would have been
dead ten times over, no be small tin. You
don't need to be psychic to know that the
man is not a CharlyBoy lover, but a hater.
Yesoooooooo! I may not be James Bond 007,
but I assassinated that hater with my smile.
A hater is someone that just can't stand you,
usually your success. They hate you for who
you are. They are merchants of gossip and
all malicious stories about you. They even
like to recruit members into their haters club;
on the Internet they hold sway. Haters hate
you for your accomplishments, youthfulness,
attractiveness, popularity, but guess what?
Most of the time they don't even know why
they hate on you. Some haters come from the
lowest social ladder, they are as green and
as ignorant as they come, I swear. These
"winche" people are everywhere. For haters,
hate is the only way they can cope and go on
with their lives. They usually suffer some
insecurity or inadequacies.
If you are on top your game, you must have
haters, no escaping. I rather have real haters
than fake fans. It is important to be mature
in dealing with these prematures’. Being able
to sift through people's envy and bad
intention towards you for the valuable truth
in their criticism is often a key to being great
and surviving people's bad belle and
nonsensical jargon. As my head kept playing
back some very famous haters in my life and
how they chopped all the bull shit and the
shenanigans I dished out. A beautiful middle
aged woman came to sit by my side. I have
been watching you, she said. "How do you
manage with people swooping all over you
like that" referring to the short drama that
just took place. "I read your articles on
Linda's blog all the time, most of all I admire
your courage in being your authentic self,
how did you build such a thick skin."
If I walk tall, how is that my fault? I live my
life the way I please, how is that supposed to
affect anybody’s peace. Shame if they think I
care, shame if they think I would flair. I no
send dem atall atall. Free Me!!!
Haters are usually people with little social
consequence to you. See dem, yahoo boys
with no laptop. They are validation that you
are a big deal. The more successful you are,
the stronger, the more opinionated, I tell you,
and the less you will be generally liked. But
Hey! Cut yourself a slack and ignore haters.
Instead, focus on turning people who like
your dream to people who love your dream. I
have noticed that the average or the ordinary
don't get bothered by haters, only
outstanding people, “weird" people, crazy
people, unusual people, in short, people who
don't stand up never get stoned at.
Haters hate either because they don't
understand or they can't imitate. Little do
they know that their hating is their sincerest
form of flattery. Haters only hate things they
can't get or people they can't be. For me
sha! I don't have time for haters, I have
ignored
Haters, all my life I just keep doing what I do
best, treating others with love and respect
always. So! Don't waste your time with this
silly hating game! Because dem no see you
dem no send you.
Friday, 25 October 2013
Hater and Losers' - Written by Charly Boy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment