Peter Okoye of P’Square and Lola
Omotayo’s love story is compelling and
amazing.
The couple have been in a
relationship for over eight years before they
finally tied the knot on Sunday, November
17, 2013.
There has been a lot of talk and whispers
about their marriage, the family issues and
the fact that Lola is by far older than Peter
Okoye has been trending. But why did she
decide to marry someone who’s her junior?
Below is Lola Omotayo’s stand on their age
difference…
Lola, who was a Business Development
Director at FKG2m a marketing agency in
Lagos, had told the story of how she and
Peter met and how the relationship started:
“My agency handles some of British
American Tobacco brands and P’Square was
doing a show for us at one of our events in
Enugu. Though I had met Peter a couple of
times before then, at the show there was
some chemistry.
He asked for my number and I refused
giving it to him. I told him ‘if you really
want to know me, you have to find my
number’. So he took it as a task and found
my number and the rest is history.”
Lola, said to be in her 30s then and Peter in
his 20s, was not disturbed by the age
difference. Her reason:
“Like I said, Peter is an old soul and he
always tells me that I’m like a 23-year-old.
Age is just a number. Right now, you can
see it around the world. Demi Moore, Usher
and some known people.
Even in Nigeria
here, they are dating people far older than
their age. So, we shouldn’t base it on the
age factor. He doesn’t make me feel like
he’s younger than me.”
Hmmmn, is age really just a number in
marriage, especially in Nigeria?
No comments:
Post a Comment